Whipped Body Butter - Homemade Lotion - Holistic

Whipped Body Butter - Homemade Lotion - Holistic

Whipped Body Butter - 3 Simple Ingredients - Holistic SquidYes. This homemade lotion is really as sensual and decadent as it sounds.

For years I was disgruntled with my store bought lotion choices. The Environmental Working Groups Skin Deep Database had confirmed that even the most natural of body products I had found were still pretty toxic. I had spent an accumulation of hours standing in the health food store trying to find a lotion with ingredients that I was willing to slather on my body always coming up empty handed.  I will admit that I grew to love coconut oil after a shower, but I still longed for a fancy body lotion one that smelled delicious and left me feeling pampered. A girly-girl lotion.

Then I discovered homemade body butter (inspired by this post that I discovered on Pinterest). I was delighted to find that this homemade lotion is super simple to make, and I got to work concocting the perfect blend of ingredients.  The trick, is to use the right combination of solid and liquid oils to make a consistency that can be whipped just like you would do with softened butter to make a whipped cream frosting.

My two year old calls it chocolate cream, for obvious reasons, and its particularly satisfying after a day at the beach. I think youre gonna love this stuff.

Whipped Body Butter - Homemade Lotion - Holistic Squid

Whipped Body Butter Ingredients

Whipped Body Butter Method

  1. Using a double boiler gently melt cocoa butter and coconut oil until completely liquid.
  2. Stir in jojoba or other liquid oil.
  3. Allow to chill in the refrigerator until the oil mixture begins to firm, but has not turned completely solid. This may take longer than you expect several hours at least.
  4. Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, whip the semi-solid mixture until white peaks form.
  5. Scoop into glass jars and allow to chill for an hour in the fridge.

Notes:

This homemade lotion will remain whipped in moderate temperatures. If your home is particularly hot, you may want to store your body butter in the fridge. If you forget and your whipped butter melts back to oil, simple re-chill and re-whip.

The consistency of this lotion is true to its name: whipped body butter and as such, it does leave a thin layer of oil when applied. Personally, I love the idea of my skin drinking up the nutrient-dense goodness from these oils. If you prefer a body lotion that absorbs more completely, check out this simple recipe for homemade lotion from Mommypotamus that I also love.  Either way, theres no need to cover your body with synthetic junk ever again.

You can order high quality coconut oil and raw cacao butter from the same vendor on my resource page.

Disclaimer

PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. These small earnings make it possible for me to continue writing this blog for you. That said, I will never endorse any product or service that I cannot fully support.

Like What You've Read?
Subscribe to Holistic Squid by email and never miss a post!

Related posts that may interest you


Whipped Body Butter - Homemade Lotion - Holistic ...
Yes. This homemade lotion is really as sensual and decadent as it sounds.

Homemade Lotion: Peppermint Whipped Body Butter
Two words: Homemade Lotion. Actually, I take that back. Lets try FOUR words: Peppermint Whipped Body Butter. Mmmmmmm. Yeah, thats better

Homemade Whipped Body Butter Recipe- All Natural DIY
This whipped body butter recipe is an easy DIY tutorial. Made from all natural ingredients like cocoa butter and shea butter, this makes a perfect gift (even for

Homemade Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter Recipe - The ...
Ive been having an on again, off again love affair with coconut oil as a moisturizer for a few years now. I love that its pure, natural and even inexpensive.

Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter (A Recipe & Giveaway ...
I just went to Mountain Rose Herbs to price out some of these ingredients and holy cow, the ingredients in my cart add up to $75!!! For 1lb Cacao butter, 16oz Hemp

Make Natural Whipped Body Butter | Making Skincare
Instead of 75% shea butter or cocoa butter could I do half/half, 37.5% shea and 37.5% cocoa?

Whipped Body Butter Recipes - Making Scentz (aka Homemade ...
Lori Stoia said Sherry, a whipped body butter is different from a whipped body cream. A whipped body butter does not contain water or an emulisfying wax

How to Make Homemade Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter ...
How to Make Fantastic Homemade Scrubs with Coconut Oil and Sugar How To Make Homemade Lavender Body Butter How to Make 6 Natural Homemade Body Lotions Discover the

Soap QueenHow to Make Whipped Body Butter on Soap Queen TV ...
How to Make Whipped Body Butter on Soap Queen TV. filed under: Lotion; posted by Anne-Marie Faiola; Thursday, May 3rd, 2012; Whats better than Tutorial Thursday?

Basic Shea Whipped Body Butter Recipe | eHow
You May Also Like. Easy Body Butter Recipes. Basic Shea Whipped Body Butter Recipe. Shea butter is a natural moisturizer made from the seeds of shea trees in Africa.


share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Digg
Posted by admin, Published at 1:02 PM and have 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment